Black Bacon Baskets with Butter Beans & Asparagus
Published on July 28, 2015 | By JOHN LANGHAM |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 4 rashers of black bacon
- 4 tooth picks
- 110g/4 oz butterbeans
- 2 diced vine tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 12 spears of asparagus
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Wrap the streaky bacon tightly around 4 greased pastry cutters or ramekins and secure with the cocktail sticks. Set onto a baking tray. Roast for about 6-8 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow the bacon and the ring to cool before removing the cocktail sticks. You should be left with a neat “bottom-less” basket of bacon.
- Cook the asparagus in boiling, salted water for 2 minutes and then refresh in cold water.
- Mix together the butterbeans, tomatoes and garlic. Drizzle with oil and season to taste. Stir in some shredded basil.
- Arrange the asparagus side by side on 4 serving plates. Trim them neatly at the end so that they are even.
- Place a basket on top, seam towards the back. Carefully fill the baskets with the bean mixture. Drizzle the asparagus with more olive oil and garnish with herbs.
Search this site:
O'Doherty's Fine Meats Belmore Street, Enniskillen, Co Fermanagh
Phone : +44 (0) 28 6632 2152
E-Mail : email@example.com